Being on the flip side of the fitness industry I hear excuses all day. Excuses are exacly that…..excuses. Everyone who has had success at the gym has, at some point, realized that they had to stop using excuses, have you?
These are the excuses I hear the most and mean a pile of you-know-what to me. Do they sound familiar? Because trainers aren’t having it…..
5. I don’t have time to make lunch…….Really? A sandwich? I cook 6 “meals” at a time which takes me 35 minutes on Sundays because that’s when I have the time.
4. I can’t afford a gym membership……Even if a membership was $60 a month it would break down to $2 a day, the price of your coffee. Most health insurance companies now a days will give $100 to $300 for a gym membership reimbursement. Health: you either pay for it now or you pay for it later.
3. “I hate working out”……….Learn to love it, baby. Try all the classes, hire a trainer, try my birthday workout, find a training partner. In most cases you hate it because you haven’t had success. Work a little harder, get over the hump and seeing progress will have you falling in love with the gym. She and I have been married for 12 years now
2. I don’t have time to eat breakfast in the morning……Easiest fix of all time! 1. Set your alarm 10 minutes earlier. 2. Pour bowl of cereal. 3. Shovel it in your mouth. Personally I’d rather have you eat junk than nothing.
1. I don’t have time to go to the gym……….Excuse, excuse, excuse. You can argue with me about this all day. This is your approach: I’ll go to work and if I get out on time and my commute is quick I’ll see what time I have left to go to the gym. You get home and suddenly the time disappears and you have other “stuff” to do. If you “wait” to see if you have time, you won’t. Also, everyone seems to think they need 90 minutes for a workout, no, you need 20 minutes.
The choice is yours. The excuses are for yourself because if you could hear what you sounded like you’d stop making them. Excuse my brash delivery but you needed to hear it.