Inclined curls are one of my favorite bicep exercises for many reasons. I really feel it isolates the bicep, is easy to perform, and it’s positioning makes it near impossible to cheat.
How to do it:
- Set up an adjustable bench at an angle between 45-60 degrees
- Sit on the bench and lie back. Make sure your shoulders are lying firmly on the back of the bench.
- With a dumbbell in each hand let your arms hang to the sides as if they were weightless.
- With the palms facing forward curl the weight up without lifting the elbow.
- Curl the weights just above the waist, pause for a moment and squeeze your arms as if you were flexing.
- Slowly lower the weight all the way back down so the arm is stretched.
Try 2-3 sets with a weight that allows you to pause at the top and gives the arms a strong pump and burn.
Let me know what you think.